Other Ways to Help
Be a Big. Give a Little Something Back
There are so many ways to help Big Brothers Big Sisters of Atlantic and Cape May, check out the list below and give us a call if you think you can help!
- Join our Monthly Moments program for any amount you wish! This helps us plan our programs for growth by knowing in advance what to expect each month.
- Sign up to go Over the Edge! This second annual event being held on Saturday June 23th, 2018 allows those who fund raise $1,000 or more the opportunity to rappel down the 175ft. Sheraton Hotel in Atlantic City. This event not only helps us raise much needed funds, but generates awareness in our community and has become an essential way for us to share our mission.
- Purchase or sell car raffle tickets. Each year we hold a luxury car raffle with several car offerings valued at $50,000. We sell a limited number of tickets for $100 between June and October.
- Join a committee: board development and recruitment, strategic planning, or an event committee (Over the Edge, car raffle, fund raising breakfast, strategic planning, etc.).
- Mentor a Little. Big Brothers Big Sisters agencies usually require 4 hours a month to be spent with a Little Brother or Sister in the community. There is a special demand for men volunteers.
- Support a match activity. We are always trying to plan fun activities for the children in our programs. You could volunteer to provide food or crafts for our Spring Covered Dish Dinner, or our Community Day.
- Spread the news and let your friends, family, and community know the significance a Big can make in the life of a child.
- Host your own fund raiser. We have groups that host benefit events large and small. These personally connected events help raise funds, but more importantly they spread the news and engage our community in our mission.
Contact Cynthia Overs for More Information: email@example.com or 609-573-5029, ext. 14 .